Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Busan Tower

Winter Vacation!  I did not make plans to travel anywhere during my winter vacation.  Instead I planned to see more of my city.  So last week, I ventured out to Nampo so I could buy some postcards that I needed.  While there I wanted to also visit Busan Tower.  I've seen the Tower while walking through the market in Nampo.  On my first visit to Nampo, I got really lost in the market.   I knew the Tower was somewhat close to a subway station so I walked towards the Tower and eventually found my way back to a subway station.
Well this time I was trying to find the tower and the park that surrounds it.  I was almost back to the subway station when I saw an escalator.  I had not clue where it went but it seemed interesting and I had time to kill.  Well the one escalator turned into about 7 and ended at the park!  I was thankful for the escalator and that I didn't have to walk that many stairs!  I didn't know the tower was on top of a hill!  It was a great find and I enjoyed venturing out to something new.

I didn't choose to go up in the tower though.  I just took lots of pictures from the park and looking up to the tower.  It was fun and a beautiful day!

I hadn't really noticed before that there are palm trees here.  I've seen several since then and they are all wrapped in the grass like stuff in the picture.  I guess that's how they can survive when not in a tropical location!

This clock works.  Based on pictures, I stayed there and took pictures for about an hour.







1 comment:

Joy said...

Yay for escalators, that would have been quite a climb! Glad you found your way to the tower.