Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Quick Trip to the Beach

The other night I was meeting with friends for dinner.  Sadly, one of our friends is moving back to America.  So we were getting together for a meal and some time to hang out before he heads home.  This is part of the expat culture.  It's very transient with people moving in an out all the time.  At the dinner there were 7 of us: Nicole and I moved here in August, Drew was visiting Nicole, Laura, and then Kelsy, Emily and Andy.  Andy leaves this week and Kelsy and Emily are both leaving next month.  Like I said, its part of the culture, but its always hard to say goodbye to friends.

Well I didn't look at the information right so I showed up at the meeting spot 2 hours early.  The good news was I got up and out of my apartment earlier (after a few very lazy days of not leaving the apartment) but then I had two hours to kill.  So I went to the beach.  My goal was to get a good picture of the bridge without anyone in the picture.  My first attempt was alright but you can still see the heads of the people standing in front of me.  It also doesn't show any of the sand.  

Well a little patience and walking down the beach a little and I ended up with not one, but almost 15 pictures.  It was hard to choose which one I liked best mostly because they are almost all the same.  I choose two that  have the waves crashing because it just adds a little more to the picture.





1 comment:

Joy said...

Great photos, I do like that last one best because it shows the motion of the water.