Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Taejongdae Park

The black dot on the beach is a couple enjoying a beautiful, quiet setting.
Open sea, towering cliffs, several boats on the water, and a setting sun all make for some great pictures and a beautiful setting for about an hour of walking.  All I knew about Taejongdae Park was that there was a red circle that hangs off the side of the cliffs.  I didn't realize that there would be so many scenic areas before I even got to the cliffs!  I still don't know much the history or purpose of the park, but I know its a beautiful place.  I really enjoyed the time walking around seeing the sights and taking it all in.
I went here after my trip to Subway.  It took me an hour and 20 minutes on public transportation to get to Subway.  It took about an hour and a half to get from Subway to the park and over and hour from the park back to my house.  It was a lot of time sitting on buses and subways, but it was completely worth it.  A wonderful Subway lunch (and dinner) and then some time to observe the beauty of city that I am living in.  Thankful for the time to see the beauty of what God created here in Korea :)









The red circle :)  I don't know the purpose or meaning behind it.  It's cool looking and I got several other cool shots of it.  This one with the lighthouse is nice but not my favorite.
The is my favorite :)
I waited for about 10 minutes to get this picture without anyone in it.  Completely worth it!





The rocks of the cliffs under the lighthouse had these beautiful, colorful layers.





I was able to get really close to this bird like within 5 feet.  It was pretty.  
A beautiful panorama

1 comment:

Joy said...

Beautiful cliffs and views! That red circle is...interesting. It looks so sleek and modern against the cliffs.