On my last day of Winter Camp Park Bo Hyun invited me to eat lunch with her and Yang Ja Yuen to celebrate finishing camp. They decided to order Chinese food after we sent the kids home. About 20 minutes later the food arrived.
In the picture you can see the English classroom and at the back the English library. But you can also see my two co-teachers at the window getting our food. The person delivering our food came to the window at the back of the classroom and handed the food in through the window. My co-teachers paid and then brought it to a desk to it.
I wasn't surprised about the delivery and I was surprised by the food. I was slightly surprised that they handed it in through the window instead of walking inside to the classroom. However, walking in would require taking their shoes off at the door and by going to the window they wouldn't have to do that. However, I was very surprised that all the food arrived in reusable dishes. These were not cardboard containers that are used for delivery and then thrown away. I know that Korea recycles a LOT but I was still surprised to received actual dishes. My co-teachers told me that after the meal they would put the dishes at the window where they received the food and someone would come by later to pick up the dishes for the restaurant. It takes a little more effort because the person has to deliver and collect the dishes but it does save a lot of waste even if most of it could be recycled. It was quite the experience and I'm thankful to have share it with my co-teachers.


No comments:
Post a Comment