I was surprised by how many Christmas decorations there were in Korea. But I had a friend tell me that usually only businesses decorate for Christmas. Christmas decorations in the home are not common in Korea. Christmas in Korea is also more of a holidays for couples than for families.
But either way there were several decorations around. The Nampo area of Busan is well known for its decorations. I went in early December to see them so I wouldn't have to fight the crowds.
![]() |
| The tree is pretty but I took the picture mostly to show the decorative plant used throughout the city during December: cabbage. |
![]() |
| Purple and white cabbage are both used in abundance. |
![]() |
| This tree is believe is a star attraction of Nampo and very much in the center of a crossroads section. |
![]() |
| Christmas lights were everywhere. I thought this was beautiful and a lot. But the closer to the tree the more abundant the lights were. |
![]() |
| It was beautiful when lit! |
![]() |
| I called this street the present street because these types of lights were above the road every 10-15 feet. Other roads had other decorations in the middle like Christmas trees. |
![]() |
| Here you can see the main tree, the first present along the road, and lights on the trees and in between the red and yellow tree is a decorative deer with lights. Seriously lights were everywhere! |
![]() |
| This is in Seomyeon which is much closer to where I live. I loved the poinsettias that had lights throughout them. The tree was pretty too. |
![]() |
| Across from the poinsettias was this beautiful tree. It was probably my favorite. It had large snowflakes all around it. I just never got a good picture of the tree at night. |









No comments:
Post a Comment