Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Traditional Tea

I had a very unique and fun experience in December.  Three of my co-teachers had birthdays in December and we were approaching winter break so all five of the English teachers went to dinner.  After dinner we went to have tea at a traditional tea house.  It was wonderful.  I had some kind of citrus tea that was really good, but the atmosphere was the best.  And after tea, we had ice cream.  It was one of the best nights I've had in Busan thus far.
We used the third table in this room.  It was a great atmosphere.

My co-teachers had this one tea where they poured water into the tea in one pot and then strained it and pour it into their small tea cups.  


This cup was incredible.  It was metal and light.  The tea was very hot inside, but the outside was not not at all.  It was its all form of thermos but it was made of metal.  I want one.


We also had deserts while there.  From left to right: rice cake, sesame cake, another type of rice cake, and a red bean dessert.  They were all good, but I liked the red bean dessert the best.


This is another room in the tea house.  It was more private.  It was really pretty.



1 comment:

Joy said...

I would enjoy that! Looks like great fun.