Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Hiking

So, I've learned that I really enjoy hiking in Busan.  I enjoyed hiking with my family for the most part when I was growing up and over the years with my dad for his birthday or during a break when I am home.  But here, its a new love.  It's something I'm doing more because I choose it than I'm doing it with my family.  I love it here because being in the woods reminds me of home and gets me away from the city.  I don't mind the city.  I choose to live here and would prefer it over the countryside of Korea.  However, its is magnificent to start walking on a trail and see less than 20 people in 2 hours when you are in a city of 3.5 million people.  The good news is that right outside my building is a mountain that has tons of trails to follow and explore.  Here are some pictures from a hike Nicole and I made behind my house in November.

Someone was camping.  Made me wish for some time camping in the woods.
I love this picture.  Mostly woods with just a view back to the city and my apartment complex.
Random stone wall that was overgrown with vegetation over the years.

I don't even remember seeing this, but it's an interesting to find it out in the woods.
Temples are everywhere here.  This isn't so much a temple but it is an area of worship.  Many altars and shrines in this are of huge rocks.
Hard to tell in the picture but it looks like there used to be a house on this open space of land.


The same trail markers that Nicole and I followed over an hour away from here when we went to the temple by the sea.
At the top of ridge we hiked up was this security shack that didn't  have a security guard but definitely some survival supplies: shovels, water, and generators.


This, this is what reminds me of home and its thankfully right behind my house.

The moon was beautiful rising that night.  Just can't get the detail on it like I would love to.  One day though.  But those are the buildings I live in.  





1 comment:

Joy said...

Anna has also enjoyed being able to hike in the city! How wonderful that there are areas that remind you of home, so close to where you live. Happy hiking!