Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My first Friday = My first school dinner


Surprise at the place and how they celebrate a child’s 1st birthday.  Sitting through the ceremony part wasn’t hard.  It included videos, speeches, flowers, a card (I think with money) and a plaque from the principal.  The principal playing the sax and teachers singing a song.  The retiree spoke and then toasts were made first by the principal then the retiree then someone else who had all new teachers come to the front . Including me.  I think I said hello 4 times and then cheers because I had no clue what the others had said.  It was definitely a Korean surprise!  The food was really good.  They teachers I think don’t think I eat a lot and I don’t in front of them but I also am not going hungry.  I am eating enough for me.  I’m just not super hungry right now but I think that is just because of the stress of adjusting to a new culture.  I tried an mangosteen for the first time that are evidently indigenous to SE asia.  It was okay but I think it would have been better not frozen.  I did love the pineapple though.  It was a good meal for sure.

Afterwards, I think the coteachers except the head teacher wanted to go out but I didn’t understand.  I knew where my bus was an how to go home and I thought they were talking about how they were getting home too.  Oops!  But I did come and visit Amber and see her apartment and then she came to mine and helped me move some furniture.  Overall a productive Friday.

No comments: