Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Congratulations Patrick!

Do you know that I have 2 awesome and amazing brothers!?!  I mean they put up with me so that means something to begin with.  But they are awesome in many other ways than just dealing with me.

Patrick has ALWAYS been my protector!  Always!  I have always known he had my back.  This was true even before I was aware of it.  When I was 18 months old, I fell and busted my lip on the piano stool and had to have a stitch put in my lip.  I've always been told that Patrick cried as hard as I did because I was copying him when I was hurt.  He was hurting because I was hurting.  How amazing that I am blessed with a brother that cares for me so much!

Patrick's character has always been one that I looked up to.  Today is a day that signifies a lot of who he is to me.  Today he is graduating!  His perseverance to get to this day is incredible.  I am so incredibly proud of him and proud to say that he is my brother.  And even though I would gladly pay the tons of money needed for a plane ticket to be at home with him today, not having vacation days until January didn't allow me to be there.  But I am still doing my best to be part of his day.  See...

Skyping with him on his way to graduation.

Ready for graduation!

See!  I'm part of your day!  Wish I could be there but at least I have a picture of us together!

The stage!

The graduates.
Bagpipes were played as the faculty entered!
The next several are as he was called onto the stage, walked across the stage, and walked back to his seat.  Hard to see him but it is definitely him!








And here is a video of my view of Patrick walking across the stage.  Technology is great!  Skyping on the computer and using my iPod touch to record a video of what I was seeing.  Not super great but still awesome to be part of Patrick's day!

So proud of you Patrick!  Congratulations!


Oh and I did say I have 2 awesome brothers!  Vincent is also always there for me too.  I love talking to him  and watching his faith in Christ grow.  I also love watching him play soccer.  I stopped playing against him when he was like 7 and beating me very easily!  He has been a key part to his soccer team this year!  It's a joy to read and hear about his games each week!

No comments: