I hadn't really thought about it before but there my couch I don't know how they got it in my apartment. I think it is taller than the elevator and would not wind its way up the stars to my apartment. Maybe this is what they do.
This person was moving out. They have this ladder like thing with a platform on it that they were putting boxes on from the balcony in the apartment. They loaded up several boxes onto the platform.
Then it started to move down. And quickly too!
There were 2 guys at the bottom in the moving truck waiting. The platform stops right on the edge of the truck and looks like most of the lifts on the back of trucks in America. This one doesn't go from the ground to the truck bed though. It goes from the truck bed up to an apartment!
I walked up the hill and turned around. The boxes were unloaded. It didn't take them long. Then they sent the platform back up again. I had not considered moving in Busan, nor how it would be accomplished but it was definitely a fun way to start the day!
Work on Saturdays are great! I'll get some pictures soon. As crazy as it sounds, at this point my favorite class is my Saturday class. I mean what's not to love: I have 21 great, well-behaved students that were chosen to be part of the program. We get to do arts and crafts, make ice cream, and play games. They work hard and listen well. During the break, a few of them chose some English books to look at or read instead of playing cell phone games while they were waiting. I will enjoy having Saturdays mornings off come November but right now I'm just thankful that my classes are so much fun that it isn't hard to wake up and come to work on Saturday morning.
After work, I had made plans to meet Nicole. I met Nicole last Sunday when I first attended Redeemer ICC. Its a church here in Busan. She is also new to Busan and Korea. She has been here maybe 3-4 days longer than I have been. She's from West Virginia and works at a hagwon here. We met at a train station that was 2 stops from my work and 2 stops from here house and we didn't have any plans. Our first stop was Lotteria, which is basically like Korea's McDonald's. They have pictures that you can use to order :) I needed lunch so we started there. It was a good time visiting and getting to know one another more. We were there for a long time. I also brought along my Lonely Planet travel guide and we finally decided to try Igidae. We had no clue exactly what it was or where we were going but the book said to go to Namcheon subway stop and go out exit 3. We did. We walked maybe 100 yard but probably not even that far and decided to try and locate it on a map in the book to get clearer directions. In front of us was a neighborhood map. Neither helped. I finally asked a guy walking by. In good but broken English he told us it wasn't near here. He showed me on a bigger map of Busan. He was right. It wasn't that close. But Lonely Planet had it written in Korean so we jumped into a taxi, showed the driver the name, and within 10 minutes we arrived at Igidae. It really wasn't that far away but definitely a walk. Prior to getting in the taxi, I found wifi from an apartment complex on my iPod touch. I found directions for walking from where we were titled "For a longer walk" and then there were directions for a bus and a shorter walk. The taxi was the best option. Oh and while we were standing looking at the directions, this car pulled up and then there was lots of screaming. This husband and wife were obviously mad at one another and screaming loudly at one another. He got out, made because she didn't move to the driver's side. They she moved over, he got his bag from a child in the back seat and walked away. Even the Koreans around us were surprised. I just wish I knew Korean. I have no clue what the fight was about but was shocked to hear such loud shouting. It is not that common here (even though there was a screaming fight from 2 women on the bus the other day too). Anyway, we went to Igidae on Saturday :)
Igidae is on the water.
And it has some beautiful views.
Mostly of Gwangan bridge and these awesome buildings beside it.
The park is a winding trail beside the edge of a mountain that gives you view after view of the bridge. There are some awesome views of the land and sea as well. It's really a wonderful place.
Look Mom! I found your background from your computer!
But I think this is the better picture!
Nicole and I stopped at this one place to walk on the rocks jutting out into the water. I looked down and found all of these perfectly shaped circular holes in the rock. I was surprised by them and would love to know how they were made. Maybe one day I will learn.
And then there were these concrete massive pieces. I'm not sure what they were for except to take the waves and to stop the erosion of the rocks from the constant pounding of the water. Not sure but they were interesting.
A boat when by. It looked a lot closer in person than this picture shows.
The place was very peaceful. We sat there for almost an hour before continuing to walk down the path.
There was one place that had all of these rocks stacked on top of each other. I remember Doc telling us about this when I first came to Korea while at Berry. I need to find out what the story behind them is again.
This one was impressive. The back big rock was just on the corner of the larger front rock. I was impressed by it. It seemed so precarious and yet very sturdy.
On the way back we saw all of these beautiful purple flowers on the side of the road. They lined the whole side there. It was gorgeous.
Across from the purple flowers was this beautifully painted water tower like structure. It's islands and seagulls. My iPod touch camera just couldn't capture the detail well enough.
I stopped in Seomyeon to find out about an iPhone. On the way back to the subway station I saw this :) Roasted chestnuts! It's fall! I remember this from Hong Kong. It's wonderful and I'm thankful that I at least found this once while in Korea! They were a little cool by the time I got home and at them but still wonderful! Now I'm just ready for some cooler temperatures!
The day was so much fun that at the end of the day I just couldn't help but think about a famous line from some Fuge videos "Everyone, everyone, everyone, everyone needs adventure!" I finished the night watching season 1 of Adventure Now from Fuge and enjoying a relaxing evening at home. Nicole and I plan to make this a pretty routine Saturday occurance. Basically we plan to meet up and find a a place to explore in Busan. Not this coming Saturday though. She is going to the Wetlands and I'm enjoying the 1 Saturday I have until November to sleep in since I don't have Saturday classes because of Chuesok. Hopefully there were be many more Saturday Adventures coming up!











































1 comment:
Such beautiful pictures! I'm so glad you have found a friend to explore with, and I hope you two will have lots of adventure Saturdays!
Post a Comment