I received my official notice of appointment on Friday! I am officially moving to Korea :) The process of applying for EPIK has been daunting and definitely a lesson in patience. All documents have to be precise and in a certain order, but the good news is the coordinators are fantastic and extremely helpful! I started considering applying with EPIK in October and decided to actually apply in December or January. But I didn't actually apply until the end of March. Two weeks after sending in my application, I had an interview on April 14th. After April 14th, I waited about 3 days before I had notice that I officially passed the interview and had to finish gathering documents. It took me another week to gather my documents to send in. Then I waited and waited and waited until Friday. Friday I got my official notice of a job and the city that I will be working in: Busan!
Now I wait some more. I will receive my contract as well as information about orientation (days, where it will be, etc.) in a few more weeks. Once I have my contract, then I will be able to apply for my visa. After I receive my visa, I will be able to finally book my flight. Just a few steps left and I will be boarding a flight to Korea in August!
Getting here hasn't been easy, but it is worth it. I know that God is leading me to Korea and it will be a time of growth. I'm looking forward to it.
Now, its time to learn about Busan :)
No comments:
Post a Comment