Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

My Wonderful Mom

My mom is amazing.  She handles stress and the changes of life so much better than I do.  I always work to hold up and manage like she does.  She has been my rock in so many areas of my life and is ALWAYS just a phone call away.  No matter the time or what is going on, she will answer and if I need something she is there for me.  I can't count how many times I've called and woke her up in the middle of the night for something and she doesn't complain.  It is always a source of comfort for me to know that even when I live on the other side of the world she is always there.

Not only does she answer but she knows me so well, better than I know myself.  She knows when I'm sick and when I'm stressed and what is the best action for me in both cases.  She understands my desire to move overseas and doesn't try to persuade me to stay.  She supports me in all that I do.

As a small child, my mom invested in our relationship.  She made sure she was there for me and that she listened to me.  She built our relationship and opened herself to me for all things.  She developed our relationship in which I can tell her all things and that I know she is there, even if it is hard.  For this, I am eternally grateful.  I know we can struggle from time to time but at the end of the day she is there for me no matter what.  She put the time into our relationship early on so that we have that now.  It is a testament to her love for me and to how wonderful she is as a mom.

There are not enough words to express the amazingness of my mom.  She has dealt with a lot for over a year now and I wish I could do more than just be there.  I wish that I knew words to say and had the wisdom to know what she needs without her telling me.  That is what she does for me all the time.  I wish I could return that.

Since I don't really have that ability, instead I will continue to tell her that I love her and pray for her.  She is an amazing mom and deserves so much.  I hope that this summer I will be able to give her a little bit of a break and help with some things since she does so much for me.  Until I'm back home though, Mom, I love you more than words can express.  Thank you for all that you do for me.  I thank God for you and that you are my mom.


No comments: