Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

A New Year and New Thoughts

First...the good news and encouraging news. I was hanging out with Matt, Wes, and Brandon the last few days in Pigeon Forge. It was our mini-Fuge reunion and was incredible. I'm always encouraged when talking with my friends from Fuge but spending time with them is so much more encouraging than talking on the phone, through text, or on Facebook even if most of what we did was just sit around while we were all on the internet, watch football games and walk around a few different shops. But the most encouraging news from the weekend was from Wes. He didn't get to really know many campers this past summer but one he did. "T" was in my bible study group and hung out a lot with Wes. I think he was in the percussion track with Wes. Anyway, Wes got a random text from him the other day and found out that he was going to Canada for the summer as part of Current Canada to do church plants. Now for why that was so encouraging 1) Its awesome to hear of students stepping out and share God boldly 2) I love hearing about campers that get involved to spread the gospel 3) I talked with this student about Current Canada at camp and new he would consider it 4) this camper got fired up about missions during that summer at camp 5) it gives me hope that I can impact more lives this summer while at camp. Sometimes I begin to wonder if I have a lot of impact on students because typically after they leave at the end of the week I don't hear from them again and have no clue how God has continued to speak to them and how their lives have changed. To hear such a short glimpse of a student that I specifically took time during the week to talk to is moving forward with the convictions he had during camp. So cool! Now I'm even more ready for the summer!!!

Now on to the New Years thoughts. I sort of made goals for 2010 about a week ago but I lost them when my computer messed up and I haven't really thought through them again. So I don't have much to post except I do know that I want to move in the direction of changing my "job" from teaching to a ministry focused job. I'm prayerfully considering seminary but even tonight as I was driving and talking to Kerry about some decisions I've made/making and I've probably made more of the decisions than I want to own up to.

The main goal for this year: continue to focus on God to grow closer to in my relationship with Him.

So for now...I'm going to end there (since I'm falling asleep) and I'll think about coming back to this thought in the next few days. However, I think the one goal is the best goal for the year and enough to focus on so who knows if I'll actually come back to it or not.

Happy New Year!

No comments: