This morning I received very sad news when I arrived at school. One of the first graders was involved in a severe car accident on Sunday night. He was air lifted to Egleston Children's Hospital but his injuries were too severe and he died last night. It is so hard to believe and to realize that he will forever be 6. As Mrs. Stewart told the fourth graders today, he will never even make it to fourth grade.
Please pray for this family during this very difficult time. I am unsure if others were also injured in the accident or not (nothing has been said). Also, pray for Samantha Zeiser. She was his teacher and now during her grief will also be working with her first graders who truly do not fully understand what has happened.
My good friend Denise's son, Jordan is in Mrs. Zeiser's class. I talked with him briefly today. He seems okay. It has been hard for Denise as she can clearly think about what if it was Jordan.
Counselors were at school today to help with the many students that were affected by this. The school handled it well. I worry about what happens in the next few weeks and few months. It will be a trying time. Please join me in praying that good with come of this and that God will be with the family during this very sad time.
No comments:
Post a Comment