Pages

Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving! I hope each of you had a wonderful time and were able to spend some time with your family. Last year and three years ago, I spent Thanksgiving away from my family. Even though I was on some cool trips I still missed spending time with my family. Two years ago, my family visited me in Hong Kong for Thanksgiving which was wonderful. However, after spending Thanksgiving at my grandma's house this year, I was thankful to be there. I have such great memories from Thanksgiving in Athens. Although I always hated the drive there (and still hate the drive between Athens and Blairsville) it was always a great time.

This year was no exception. I really enjoyed eating the wonderful food that for some reason only seems right to have during the holiday season and getting to see my family. I was pretty much out of it the whole day though. I've had a cold all week and Thursday I spent most of the day laying down but I was outside watching my brother's play football, soccer, and Frisbee. The sunshine felt great. So even though I didn't feel like doing much I still had a great time.

After lunch, we headed back to my house (a wonderful 15 minute drive away). It was was nice to be surrounded by my family. During the last three years from August to May I spent on average 2 weeks with my family. I loved what I was doing I know that is where God wanted me to be but I missed being around them. This year I have seen my family at least once each month since Aug. I have loved it. As you have probably guessed I am extremely thankful for my family. They are wonderful.

Again Happy Thanksgiving!

P.S. The picture is from Thanksgiving. I unfortunately was standing on the ledge in front of my fireplace. It's about 2 inches off the ground but I have recently learned that Vincent is now taller than me which makes me the shortest person in the family. I had to do something about it for the picture :)

No comments: