I work at my house almost every weekend. I love it. I work outside usually on Saturday afternoon and then in the evening I do some work inside the house. I, of course, sleep in first.
The first weekend of October, I chose to stay in Athens instead of heading to Berry for Mountain Day. Most of my friends were not going to be there so I decided to save the gas money and enjoy another weekend at home. I found my coupon for Farmer's Home Furniture and it of course was expiring that day. I had seen a dining room table in their sale ad that I really liked. Since I had been considering buying it for a month I decided that I must really like it. While I was there I also found a cocktail table and end tables set that I liked. Since I hadn't priced those as much or looked at other options I took an hour driving up Broad Street to go to all furniture stores. I saw so many other options but didn't like any nearly as much and definitely didn't like the price tag at other stores. I headed back to Farmer's and bought them all (well paid for half and financed the rest). I went ahead and got it all in one swoop because I only had one coupon and it would only be one delivery fee. Getting it all at once did save a couple hundred dollars. I love the furniture and it really helps my house feel more complete. It was another productive Saturday for me.
The next Saturday I spent the time working outside. I cleaned the gutters out and planted grass. Planting grass is a lot more work than I thought but I enjoyed it all. I tried to use Grandma's spreader but it wasn't working so I then through it out by hand. I also spread Epsom Salt as a fertilizer. Then I had to put down hay so that it wouldn't wash away and hopefully my "friends" the squirrels wouldn't eat it. I then watered it every other day (because the watering ban) and now it is growing!!! It's so nice and green. I will probably have to plant some more because I have a few bald patches from where I tried to use the spreader. I will do that later once I see how well it seeds out on its own. For now, it great just to see it growing!
The next Saturday I worked inside the house. I really didn't get much accomplished. I still have a lot of work to get done on the inside but for right now I am waiting on boards to be put in the attic so that I can store stuff up there.
Then last weekend was quite busy. So busy that I am going to make it it's own post. If you haven't already noticed, I love being a homeowner. I love my house. I love Saturdays! I really look forward to each one because it is a day off of work and a day to focus on my house. It really is wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment