After some much needed sleep, we returned to the festival around lunch time. We were able to get some food and then just experience the festival some. There was a boat parade happening which was different than I expected. I just expected a line of boats to pass by the land in a line to be shown off or to be decorated in some fashion. Instead it was more like a marching band of boats. The moved in set patterns and created different shapes an movements but all still while mostly in a line. It was intriguing.
We also got to see some puppies! There was some dog show happening but the 4 people deep crowd of Koreans kept us from seeing the actual dog show. Then we saw two banners that had been hung on the railing. People were painting on them! They had outlines of fish that were lightly printed for an outline and people were painting over them. So we joined in the fun. It was probably my favorite part of the festivities outside of walking in the sea.
 |
| Nicole and I painted Nemo :) She painted the top one and added her name in Korean (니코). I Then planned on adding my name below my fish, but with the paint dripping I couldn't so I added it with Nicole's but there wasn't a lot of space. Caroline (캐롤라인) is pretty long in Korean :) |
Also, where they were selling food they had a Global section. Essentially they had tents from various countries and most of them were selling food from that country. America was selling chicken and lemonade. I had some of the chicken before we walked down to the festival, but when we returned I decided to get some naan which is bread from India. The line had been too long before but now there wasn't one. Even better, I got to watch them make it. It was incredible!
 |
| Naan cooking! |
 |
| It's finished! |
All in all it was a fun few hours at the festival before we headed back to Busan!
No comments:
Post a Comment