The last weekend in March was quite eventful for me. Nicole and I had booked a trip to the Jindo Sea Parting Festival at the beginning of the month. Jindo is about a 5 hour drive from Busan and the main focus of the festival was of course the sea parting that happens early in the morning and then again around 4:30 in the afternoon. Our trip was planned to be at the morning one. But to make use of the time and the weekend, the trip also included a stop at the Boseong Green Tea fields. I didn't expect much from this part. I honestly thought it was simply a filler and a in a way a tourist trap along the way to the festival.
After booking the trip, I heard from co-teachers that this is actually quite famous and really beautiful. I saw some pictures pop-up on Pinterest when I was searching things about South Korea. I started to get excited about this. If nothing else it would be quite interesting to see the plants that are used to make tea.
I did not expect the beauty or the fun that I would have even in the rain. I mentioned before but I really want to learn to take good pictures. My parents helped me out a lot with buying me a new camera but I didn't actually take it with me on this trip. I didn't want to ruin it since it was supposed to rain almost all weekend and of course the fact that I was going to be walking in the sea during the festival. I sorta wish I would have taken it. The muddy walks and the rain aside I loved this portion of the trip. It was as if you everywhere you looked it was gorgeous. The rainy day in a way added to the beauty. I would love to go back on a sunny day to see the full extent of the tea fields, but getting to see it as spring is coming into bloom was also pretty incredible.
Below are some of my favorite pictures from this portion of my weekend. I struggle to narrow down to just a few, but I have narrowed it down! The terraced rows are beautiful especially as you see them moving with the shape of the hill they are growing on.
 |
| I loved the large pine trees! |
 |
| First tulips I saw this spring. I love tulips. They make me smile and remember Berry College in the spring and my trip to the Tulip Festival in the Netherlands! |
 |
| My friend Nicole with a very Korean pose :) |
 |
| We hiked to the top of the very tall and steep hill in the mud and this was our view! It was so rainy and foggy you couldn't even see the tea fields below us. The positive of this was that it was good exercise on a weekend that included 10+ hours on a bus! |
 |
| Looking back at the top as we walked down. It was foggy but it was also beautiful! |
 |
| This is one of my favorite pictures from the entire trip. These trees were towering and just gorgeous. |
 |
| This is my favorite from the trip! I'm currently in love with cherry blossoms. and I love the contrast of the pink and white to the green. |
 |
| And we finished our hike up and around the hill with some green tea soft serve ice cream. Surprisingly, it was pretty good. |
No comments:
Post a Comment