Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Dog Cafe...What?

Shortly after arriving in Korea, I heard about these cat cafes.  They are basically coffee shops filled with cats.  You pay for a drink and stay as long as you like to pet and play with the cats.  Now, I'm not really a big fan of cats anymore.  I loved them when I was little but things have changed.  I wasn't too excited about these cat cafes.  But then I heard about a dog cafe in Busan.  Similar idea but with dogs.  Big dogs and little dogs.  You buy a drink and you can stay as long as you like to pet the dogs.  For someone who would love to own a dog but life circumstances prohibit me from doing so, this sounds fantastic.

Thankfully, its not that close to me.  But Nicole schedule a hair appointment in Jangsan so I told her I would meet up with her just so I could go to the dog cafe.  It was so much fun.  It was 8,000 won entry and you get a drink and dessert with that price.  There were about 12 dogs there.  Now, I do worry that the dogs don't get enough exercise and they were a little too calm for my liking as far as health goes but these dogs are definitely well loved.  There is an area where the dogs are that is separate from the tables.  But you are welcome to stay with the dogs as long as you life and pet them.  It was perfect!  I even ended up with the wild and crazy Dalmatian calmly laying in my lap before we left.  The golden loved his back scratched and the lab definitely has the lab lean.  There was a crazy little black dog that kept turning in circles and a small white dog that followed me around for about 5 minutes.  I loved it.  And we are going back next week!  Next week, I'm getting my hair cut so we will be there again!  Yay for time to play with dogs!  And thankfully its not super close so I won't spend all of my money at the dog cafe!



When she started walking they started to
follow.  She had treats!
These 3 sat beautifully and were patient.


So much like Campbell!
He sat up so tall and straight.


Tricks for treats!
The caught the treats in the air.




They all wanted to get the treats.

The little black dog attacked me when we
first got there.  He was full of energy!


So much like Campbell!
Mannerism and looks.  Now I miss Campbell a lot!


Nicole and I both loved this dog!


The long haired dog stayed with me for a while.
The small white dog jumped up on me a lot
when we first arrived.

Dalmatian love!  He was after our drinks!


I loved being able to love on the dogs.
I think he knows how to get into the cups.  He had
his teeth on the lid and was pulling up!


And then he was calm.

Really calm and relaxed in my lap.


This little boy was super cute.
He was pretty cautious but loved petting the dogs.

I think if one of them jumped on him he would
have been done though.
Obviously he loved the place too.  And he was
really cute too.


 



No comments: