Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Nampo

Nampo is an area that is known for its market and cheap household items.  It's also known for its street food and cheap Korean food.  I went to Nampo by myself after my first or second Saturday class.  I felt really lost and overwhelmed.  Well I went again with Monique and Nicole for one of our Saturday adventures in October.  It was a much better experience.  Monique shared with us some about the street food.  Nicole and I both tried this kind of bread filled with cinnamon, sugar, and nuts.  It was delicious! It is super popular and the line for it was pretty long.  I also have video of them making it since the line slowly worked its way around the cart.  

While standing in line I took a picture of these ladies hard at work at another food stall.  I don't know what they were selling but you can tell how close they are and how much stuff they keep right on hand.  It was a pretty crowded space!

It's hard to tell in the picture but the pot in the middle bottom of the picture is full of dough.  They had one they were working from and that one ready for when they needed more.  That pot was huge!
 
Nicole and I with our treats!  They were excellent!
 Here is the video!


Monique got the potatoes on a stick.  Nicole bought them later and I tried some of hers.  It was delicious!  It's fried so its close to a potato chip but not all the way.  Then it has this cheddar powder/sauce stuff.  I'm not great with descriptions.  But it really was delicious.

After trying out the street food, when walked through the markets.  I think we all bought some Korean socks and then a few odds and ends but mostly we just looked.  It was another fun afternoon spent exploring Busan.  

1 comment:

Joy said...

Looks like tasty fun!