Instead of posting daily, I've decided to post once with my top ten things. So here is my list of things I am thankful for. Definitely not an exhaustive list but a great start.
1. I'm thankful for the Triune God of the Bible who loves me. I'm thankful that he reveals himself to us so that we can know him but more importantly that he loves us enough to die for us. He has provided a way to eternal life through Jesus Christ.
2. I'm thankful for the many people in my life that shared the truth of the Triune God of the Bible with me. I'm thankful that I grew up in a place where Christ was proclaimed and there was no fear of prosecution because of it.
3. I'm thankful for my family. They mean the world to me. Each one is special and precious to me. I cannot imagine living life without them. Although this has been a very rough year for us, I'm thankful that they are there through it all.
4. I'm thankful for the opportunity to learn. I'm thankful that I grew up in a country that provides free education and that God provided a way for me to attend college and now seminary. I'm thankful for the great schools that I have been blessed to attend.
5. I'm thankful for the many teachers I have had over the years and all that they have taught me. I'm thankful that I was taught to read so that I could learn so much more, even outside of a classroom. I'm thankful that they took the time to invest in me.
6. I'm thankful that I have been able to own many books but also to have access to many books through the public and school libraries. I love to read and am thankful that I have many options of what to read.
7. I'm thankful for the ability to travel. I'm thankful for the opportunity to go throughout the world and to even live in Hong Kong for three years. I'm thankful for parents that encouraged me to travel and to take opportunities to see new things.
8. I'm thankful for the many, many, many amazing friends that I have and throughout the many different phases of my life. The blessings my friends have been to me are indescribable. I cannot put into words how God has blessed me through the relationships of my friends.
9. I'm thankful for the many material blessings God has provided me. From being able to have a car and a computer to a bed and a house. My life is beyond blessed.
10. I'm thankful for the jobs that I have had throughout the years. I have learned much and taken a lot from them. My current job has been a huge blessing as they work around my schedule and are great friends to work with. My several years at Fuge camps have also been a huge blessing and a special job in which God has spoken to me.
God has blessed me beyond measure.
Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment