Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Learning

I love to learn.  I love to be a student.  I always have and I'm sure I always will.  However, there are some types of learning that are difficult and that I wish I could avoid.  However, those lessons and what I learn from those times are always very important and life changing.

Right now, I'm learning tons that is not associated with my classes at Southeastern.  I still love Southeastern and my classes but God is teaching me a lot more in my personal life outside of school.  God has been teaching this lesson for several months through a variety of events in my life.  It's been tough and at time almost unbearable.  Yet, I am connecting dots and seeing God at work through it all.  I see how God hasn't left me.

This past weekend, I was given the blessing to spend a few nights back at Ridgecrest to celebrate with Matt and Lee Anne as they were married.  The weekend also provided for an amazing Fuge reunion where I was able to see several people from several years of camp and enjoy many great memories.  I was cautious about returning.  I honestly worried if I would only be bitter and frustrated at being at Ridgecrest and reliving a lot of frustratingly long days as well as some really difficult days in my personal life.  Thankfully, I wasn't.  I was excited to be back.  I was thankful to return and spend time at Ridgecrest when I felt more like me.  I was thankful for the time of healing that took place.

I cannot change the events of this summer.  I cannot change how I handled those.  But I am learning from that time.  God is revealing to me a lot about my character and a lot about my attitudes.  In the midst of it all, He is revealing to me how I can change and be more like Him.

These are difficult lessons to learn but necessary.  Even though they are difficult to endure and hard to face, these lessons and what I am learning is good.  I am thankful for it.  I'm thankful that God is continuing to refine me.  Thankful that God is at work in my life and that I am not alone.  Thankful for time to heal and to grow.  

No comments: