Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Family

I LOVE my family.  I'm a homebody and can sit at home for days on end (well sort of...I do get cabin fever).  I enjoy just being around my family.  When living overseas, one of the hardest parts for me was to be 24 hour travel time away from my family.  It was hard to know that I couldn't see them but a couple times a year for just a few weeks.  Once I moved to Athens, one the of best parts of the move was that I saw my family about once a month.  I love being around my parents and my brothers.  Since moving to Wake Forest, I haven't seen them since September.  It's hard to realize that I don't get to see them as often but easier to know that if I had to I could drive there in about half a day to see them. 

Today is my parents anniversary.  I am so thankful for them, for what they have done to provide for me, and most especially how they have loved me.  They have understood and supported me even when I tell them I plan on living on the other side of the world.  They don't try to talk me out of what I know God has called me to do.  As much as it hurts to know that God is leading me to live on the other side of the world away from my family, it helps knowing they understand, they love me, they support me.  I'm thankful that I don't have to fight with them about going whether they approve or not.  I would follow God either way but it helps knowing you have the support of your family.

So today, I just want to say thanks to my mom and dad.  Thanks for being there for me, for listening, for loving, for supporting, for pushing me, for believing in me, for understanding, for being parents.  You both are amazing and wonderful.  I love you both!

Oh and we need to get a picture together but right now I don't have a picture on my computer of just you guys or the three of us.  I would like one...how about Thanksgiving?  Let's do it then :)

Oh and Patrick and Vincent, I love you both too!  I'll write more about you guys later :)

No comments: