In Hong Kong a black raincloud at the end of the school day means that student stay at school until the weather gets better. In Georgia, a tornado warning does the same thing. If I my pick I think I would prefer the black raincloud. A heavy rain and possible flooding just doesn't seem to be as devastating in such a short time. They can both be equally devastating but flooding takes more time and a tornado can last just a few seconds.
Today at the end of the school day (we were about 15 minutes away from loading buses) a tornado warning was issued for Clarke County. Of course, my emergency folder has disappeared since Monday and so I was slightly frazzled trying to find exactly where my students should go. (I think there might be a thief in the room). Overall my students sat really well. There were a few that talked from time to time but they were much better behaved than the fifth grade across the hall. I was highly impressed.
To regress slightly since I haven't blogged about school yet, I have had a difficult time managing my students. It has been so hard and frustrating. However, the last two days have been better. They can do it!!! Granted, yesterday one of the more difficult students left at 9:30 and today another student that is very difficult was absent. It makes a difference but I see hope for a better school year than the first two weeks have been!
Well I hope all is well for everyone. In Georgia, I know we are all enjoying the rain!
No comments:
Post a Comment