Election day in Korea was June 4th. About two weeks prior to election day, signs, posters, and people showed up everywhere campaigning for one candidate or another. I started for work one Friday morning and saw many people with these red vests on. I wasn't sure what it was about. When I got home that evening, there were campaign signs everywhere. The final push of campaigning was upon us. I later learned from a coteacher that the posters and people handing out business cards for candidates can only happen just before the election. It is illegal for it to happen sooner. They take full advantage of that time though.
![]() |
| Election posters |
![]() |
| A closer view |
During the two weeks prior to the election, there was always someone at my bus stop campaigning. There were also people outside the school gate campaigning. Election day was June 4th. On June 5th, I didn't see any signs from the election. It seemed so random. It popped up unexpectedly one day and disappeared just as quickly a few weeks later.




No comments:
Post a Comment