Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Soweto, South Africa

Today, I'm leaving on a mission trip to Soweto, South Africa.  I am beyond blessed to be able to take this trip.  I still don't really believe that it's happening.

I am traveling with Fuge camps with the goal of learning and experiencing and serving so that I can share all summer long about our new missions emphasis.  I'm so excited about this trip because that means the goal of the trip is to get to know the people and the culture.  The only time I've really considered a trip to Africa was when my friend Emily was a Journeyman in Botswana.  It's a place that I thought it would be cool to visit but never thought that opportunity would come.  Now its here and I can't wait!

While I'm gone please pray for:

- the 28 Fuge staffers that are the trip.  Pray that we will come together as a team (especially as a team in our three small groups) and that we will take advantage of every opportunity to share the gospel.  There are 3-4 that are going on their first international trip and at least one person this is their first mission trip. 
- pray for the missionaries we are working with: Capetown is Bonnie, Johannesburg is Kurt and Soweto Alan and Beth are organizing the trip but we are also working with Zach, Rachel, Lori, and Stephanie.
- pray for the people that we meet.  Pray that they will be receptive to hearing God's word.  Pray also that our actions and words are glorifying to God as we try to share His word in a new culture.

Specific requests for Soweto
- newly arrived Hands-On Missionaries Lori and Stephanie (Hands-On is a semester long short term mission trip)
- they recently baptized 2 people at the church in Snake Park (one of the churches we are going to)
- those avoiding church
- strong leaders for the churches
- Zach who is leaving in a few weeks after serving his two years there as a Journeyman.
- for Daniel and Wesley from our Fuge group who will be preaching on Sun and for Leah, Brittney, Chelsea, and myself who will be sharing testimonies during church.  Pray that God will speak through us.

Thanks so much friends!  I can't wait to share with you all about the people of Soweto!

No comments: