Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Happiness


For the last two days, in my classroom I have worked hard on staying positive and instead of looking for ways that students are NOT on task I am looking for those that ARE and encouraging those. Granted a few of my students it doesn't work for but it makes some difference with the students. It makes the most difference for me though. At the end of the day, I'm not as angry or frustrated. I don't feel as tired even though it is exhausting! So I'm going to keep doing this and really look to reward those that are trying hard and working on their behavior and their academics. Besides seeing smiles on their faces is so much better than hearing them yell all day long. Oh and we are doing more team building activities for morning meeting instead of a traditional morning meeting. They are learning how to cooperate and get along. Its a work in progress but we are progressing :)

But this is not the only happiness I think of lately. I have enjoyed feeling more happy at work but its not great yet. There are still a lot of things that frustrate me at work. There is one thing that makes me very happy and that always brings a smile to my face: Cambodia.

Seriously, just thinking about that wonderful country makes me smile. Cambodia is not just a place I took a trip to anymore. It has become my passion and my heart is there. I think about it daily. Pray for those people and long to return. Not to return as a tourist but to return with the intent of living among the people and to share with them the riches of knowing Jesus Christ. I pray for God to make the way for me to return. I do believe he is leading me to seminary first though. All of this comes with a financial burden but I KNOW that God is in this and this summer I taught students for 7 weeks to look at the big picture and let God take care of the small details. He has proven to me many times in the past that He is indeed a God of details and works out all things. I am trusting Him in this. I'm just looking forward and praying. I'm excited and happy.

The picture above was taken at the floating village just outside of Siem Reap. Poverty is everywhere there. It is something that deeply effected me when I was there. I know that it will over time be frustrating (if I move there...I don't like saying if because I believe that God is leading me there so when I move there) to live in a place where most of the streets are dirt and where monsoons come and rain for days on end and the heat is overwhelming most of the year but at the same time I long to be back there even knowing all of those things.

God I pray that you will continue to lead me. Show me where you want me to go and when you want me to go. If Cambodia is not the place you desire for me to be than show me where it is you want me. God I desire to follow you!

No comments: