Yesterday, I looked at places at Scarborough Place, Madison Lane, and Cedar Bluffs. Each place has its own appeal and of course some undesirable parts. I really will have to make a decision in the next few days of where I will want to live. However, it is more complicated than just looking at the places to live because two are places to rent for the next year and one is a place to buy.
I haven't mentioned this on my previous blog (my Hong Kong blog) because I was praying about it and learning about buying a place. It was a scary proposition when mentioned to me but after researching and talking with banks and many family members and close friends it's not as scary. It is still a big commitment. I am not opposed to it and I'm not as fully sold on it as I thought I was. I am very glad that I looked at places to rent as well as the place to buy.
Here are a few pictures from each of the places I looked at yesterday.
Madison Lane
Cedar Bluffs
A few facts about Athens:
* It's like a second home to me because my grandmother lives there and I've visited often all of my life.
*It's the home of the University of Georgia.
*There is a tree that owns itself in Athens.
*The world's only double-barrel cannon is in Athens.
*It has and area of about 120 square miles.
*The population is over 175,000.












2 comments:
Welcome back to the USA! I'm looking forward to seeing your new home in Athens soon. Good luck with the decision making process - beginning with prayer is the key to it all!
Hugs, Joy
Joy beat me to all my comments...go figure! So make that a big DITTO all around, Miss Caroline. Looking forward to this new adventure with you.
Hugs,
Sandy
Post a Comment